Saturday, October 27, 2007

Toys - 1/6th Scale Figures


********** UPDATE **********
Hot Toys Movie Masterpieces "Superman Returns" - Superman / Clark Kent
Status: Acquired on 12th January 2008
Price: RM 420 (from Shiok Toys)













********** UPDATE **********

Hot Toys Movie Masterpieces "Superman Returns" - Superman / Clark Kent

Price: Approx. RM 400




The first time this was released by Hot Toys, they were in the region of RM 350 - 380. At that point of time, I didn't think the price was worth it with only a pair of extra hands and a stand. So what if it came with a certificate of authenticity stating it was only limited to 10,000 units worldwide. I wasn't really concerned about the whole "Limited" thing.

Still, I wanted it because it looked really good. The price then sky-rocketed to RM 500 - RM 800 range. At one point, I even considered getting it at RM 500. It's a good thing I didn't!

Hot Toys released a seperate Clark Kent figure not long after.



In December 2007, they're going to reissue it as a 2-in-1 package! Yay!

I've already got mine on pre-order. I'm not going to miss this out again!



I think the new Superman headsculpt looks awesome - looks more like Brandon Routh compared to the original. I don't really care about the Clark Kent head and suit - I'm getting this for Superman!

Now, if only the final product will look as good as this prototype.

********** UPDATE **********

24th November 2007 - Looking at the head sculpts side-by-side, the old one just pales in comparison. A friend said "the old one looks like a sissy with red cheeks".

New photos










********** UPDATE **********

No comments: